How do you impress Adam Wainwright? Two homers in one night is a pretty good start.
Cardinal Nation, have this video of Stan playing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” You deserve it.
Allen Craig of the Boston Red Sox acknowledges the crowd at Busch Stadium after presenting the line-up card prior to playing against the St. Louis Cardinals on August 6, 2014 in St. Louis, Missouri.
In their first at bats against each other, Shelby Miller walked and Joe Kelly got a single - August 6, 2014
I interrupt your regularly scheduled night blogging to bring you:
REASONS TO LOVE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PT. 1
1. This DILF is our manager. His hair is insured for $10,000 and his jaw line makes Ryan Gosling weep at night.
2. Adam Parrish Wainwright.
3. Yadier Molina is a two-time World Series Champion, six-time consecutive All Star, six-time Gold Glover and a recipient of the 2013 Silver Slugger Award. Also, fun fact: He smells like pine needles and has a face like sunshine.
4. Cardinal Nation. AKA The Best Fans In Baseball. Win or lose, Cardinal fans are as loyal as they come and will brave any humid Missouri summer day or frigid October night to cheer on their team. C-A-R-D-I-N-A-L-S: That’s how you spell ‘family.’
5. Jon Hamm’s playoff beard. LOOK AT IT IN ALL ITS GLORY.
6. We play the great game at Busch Stadium, built by the Baseball Gods themselves and the crown jewel of St. Louis. Also, we serve Budweiser, a real beer, unlike some other teams that will not be mentioned. *cough* Milwaukee *cough*
7. Stan Musial was a national treasure and a true American hero. RIP.
8. The 2011 World Series. Two words: GAME SIX. HOLY SH*T.
9. Nelly is a Cardinals fan. Who doesn’t love Nelly? No, really. Everyone loves Nelly. And thus by the transitive property of liking things, everyone loves the St. Louis Cardinals.
10. Our team is basically comprised of male models and their butts look reaaaalll good in baseball pants. I mean… if you’re into that sort of thing. And let’s be honest, you are.
BONUS: Fredbird. The cutest mascot around even when he is trying to eat babies.
To be continued.